“Development Foundation” NGO has been involved in providing psychological help to those affected by tragic events in Ukraine since early 2014. We have been working with those who participated in events at Maidan, with those who participated in combat in the east of Ukraine and with internally displaced persons.
Our primary goals are:
- promoting the satisfaction and development of professional, social and other interests of its members and citizens of Ukraine;
- developing personality features to become better citizens possessing psychological resistibility, in accordance with individual’s character, education and learning experience;
- understanding economic and political processes aimed at a rapid transition of the society and its citizens to share the European values, simplification of their lives and approaching the standard of living in the European Union.
Our mission is:
- to develop competencies and skills of civic activists;
- to implement mental health help services with the best world practices and adapting them to the Ukrainian realities.
NGO Development Foundation and its branches in Kyiv, Zhytomyr, Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhya, Lviv, Rivne, Lutsk, Mykolaiv, Kherson and other Ukrainian regions is engaged in providing psychological support for the families of people displaced by the conflict in the East of Ukraine and Crimea; training volunteers, psychologists, social workers, chaplains in specifics of work with people who suffered in Eastern Ukraine.